Burchfield Park

Holt, Michigan     2 courses · 36 holes     Driving directions
Sign in or Sign up to contribute to this discussion.

Matt Rinker    May 16, 2011 at 4:26am

Baskets are in! Course is tough to follow, but here's a link to the course map... I suggest you print this if you're going to play a casual round. Directional arrows and tee signs will be up for the tourney.

Craig Downing    May 16, 2011 at 12:54am

Sounds great, never thought I would hear that. Geeeez Harvey!

Matt Rinker    May 15, 2011 at 10:16pm

much larger... longer than the Woods.

Craig Downing    May 15, 2011 at 8:56pm

Are these pads larger than Sleepy Hollow's?? Course looks great from the pictures!

Matt Rinker    May 12, 2011 at 3:45pm

I too have a hospitality job, but I'm working with the parks schedule... sorry. However, if you can't make it, it was nice of you to try.

Eirik Kauserud    May 12, 2011 at 8:39am

how about on some day other than Saturday considering A LOT of us derelicts have hospitality jobs.

Matt Rinker    May 6, 2011 at 5:44am

Volunteers needed!!! May 7th at 230 pm and May 14th at 230 pm we are having work days at Burchfield to help the park expedite the process. On the 7th we'll be putting in directional arrows and hopefully some tees signs... amongst other manual labor type of tasks. This day would be a great opportunity for those to come out and see the course and get a feel for it before they throw.
On the 14th we'll be putting in the baskets and maybe a few other finishing touches. Then it's game on!
So please come help. The parks already done so much, lets show them our appreciation!

Robert Sykes    May 3, 2011 at 4:05am

lets get some pics of the lay out , at least

Matt Rinker    April 29, 2011 at 5:35am

Ok, so the rain is and is not helping our situation here. it's feeding the grass but with no sun, there's no time to grow.. so that's slowing things down a bit. But the park manager assured me the course's tournament layout would be in a week before the Burchfield Open. And the moment we put the baskets in, I'll post for all to see.

Doug Prizer    April 29, 2011 at 4:27am

Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, gotta love cut and paste Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open, Open,

Q .    April 29, 2011 at 4:08am

HOW ABOUT NOW, IS IT READY NOW? IF IT IS NOT READY NOW WHEN?

Justin S    April 28, 2011 at 12:09am

Looks like 2 baskets per hole. Here is the pdf from the parks web page of the course layout.

Mike Durco    April 27, 2011 at 11:15pm

I heard rumors there will B 2 baskets for each hole. Not 36 holes. Is this the case?
Either way I'm excited to see this course (s)

Eric Sanderson    April 19, 2011 at 1:12am

36 baskets? 36 holes?

Matt Rinker    April 17, 2011 at 5:36am

Erin and I were just out at the park today and assemble 20 of the 36 baskets.
But the park still wants to wait till the end of April early May to put the baskets in so the grass around the tees has time to grow.

Q .    April 14, 2011 at 4:37am

now?

Doug Prizer    March 31, 2011 at 5:37am

OK How about now? Can I head out there tonight and play in the morning?

Matt Rinker    March 30, 2011 at 6:23am

I talked to the park guy yesterday and he said end of April early May. I wish it could be sooner, but these park guys are sparing no expense into making this a top-notch course and trying to rush the situation could ruin a beautiful thing.
I will.... I promise, keep every one posted.

Eirik Kauserud    March 21, 2011 at 8:33pm

It's been 5 days... is it ready?

Matt Rinker    March 17, 2011 at 8:27am

not yet... but closer than 3 days ago.